Upcoming Schools and Centres at AU
- School of Science & Technology
AU is on way to set up a School of Science and Technology where it will have four Institutes under its umbrella. This combination of various scientific disciplines working in close networking with each other is what we think holds the future of highquality education:
- Institute of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) (July, 2012)
- Institute of Life Sciences
- Institute of Physical Sciences
- Institute of Engineering
- VentureStudio- Centre for Innovative Business Design (Third quarter, 2011)
VentureStudio aims to nucleate an ecosystem of innovation that accelerates the development of Ahmedabad, Gujarat to create a national and global impact. VentureStudio offers a product and business creation program for Entrepreneurs /Engineers/ Innovators/Designers at Ahmedabad University, Gujarat, India. Venture Studio is collaborating with high ranking Center for Design Research at Stanford University, USA to create Venture Studio with the backing of investors from Mumbai. For future details: www.venturestudio.in
- Centre of Heritage Management (Third quarter, 2011)
The Centre for Heritage Management at Ahmedabad University has been established in collaboration with the University of Valladolid, Spain. It aims to encourage research in heritage practice, and to provide training and degree programs in the conservation and management of cultural assets. The Centre will promote both practical experience and policy-level research, recognizing that knowledge in heritage practice is a product of rigorous dialogue among academician's practitioners, promoters, and policymakers. The Centre is planning to offer several academic programmes, including various executive training programmes for practitioners and policymakers, and a full-time master's programme designed to prepare talent that will provide leadership to public and private sector organizations that promote and conserve heritage. The Centre also provides consultative expertise to organizations engaged in heritage management..
Collaborations & MoU's
AU has partnered with several globally acclaimed institutes in a short span of about one-and-a-half years:
- To enhance executive education, Ahmedabad University, is collaborating with Judge Business School of University of Cambridge is collaborating with AU for design and development of Executive MBA Programme. This also covers faculty development and an immersion module for students for global exposure at Cambridge (UK).
- To promote innovation and entrepreneurship in India "VentureStudio- Center for Innovative Business Design" is planned in collaboration with Center for Design Research (CDR) at Stanford University. TU Delft (Technical University, Delft, Netherlands) will also be working with AU for student exchange and common projects.